Tasting notes:

Straw yellow, crisp and bright. Its bubble is very fine, with an abundant rosary. Very aromatic cava. The primary aromas of white fruit (white peach and pear) and citrus (grapefruit) stand out on a creamy background of fine pastry and roasted in harmony. In the mouth it is fresh, with a very well integrated carbonic, long and lively. Surprisingly fresh and lively considering its aging. 

Mestres Coquet 2017 - Brut Nature Gran Reserva

€9.86Price
  • Market: Interested in Ireland Market. In England is sold by Gauntleys.

    Cava: Brut Nature Gran Reserva.

    Varieties: Macabeu (30 %), Xarel·lo (45 %) and Parellada (25 %)

    Vineyard: 40% of own vineyards planted in pots, over 50 years old The remaining 60% are controlled vines over 25 years old

    Harvest: 2017 is a vintage of contrasts. Rainy autumn with a cold December and January, and rainy May and April, with a very dry end to the cycle. It was a low-yield vintage.

    Elaboration: First alcoholic fermentation and aging of the base wine in stainless steel. Second fermentation in bottle with natural cork stopper and aging in bottle with the lees for more than 42 months in a horizontal position (rhyme). Periodic removal of the bottles in the rhymes is carried out to facilitate the process of yeast autolysis, achieving an improvement in structure and complexity. Manual disgorging in an artisanal way.

    Number of bottles: 50.354

    Serving temperature: Between 8 and 15º C.