Tasting notes:

Nice clear and bright straw yellow color. Carbonic alive and well integrated into the wine. Smoked and marked incense. You can see the six months of aging of the base wine in barriques, in a bed of toast and yeast. Fruit and white flower. Citrus character on the palate. The wood is well integrated on the palate, and has good acidity. It's long and it's freshness makes you salivate. Youth and a tip of salinity

Mestres Visol 2014 - Brut Nature Gran Reserva

€12.54Price
  • Market: Interested in Ireland Market. In England is sold by Gauntleys.

    Type: Cava Brut Nature Gran Reserva. Born in 1945, becoming the first Cava Brut Nature without the addition of sugars (expedition liquor).

    Vineyard: 60% of own bush vineyards planted more than 50 years old. The remaining 40% are controlled vineyards over 25 years old.

    Varieties: Xarel lo (45%), Macabeo (35%) and Parellada (20%).

    Vintage: 2014 was a rainy year with normal temperatures, although during the summer and the ripening period of the grapes there was a moderation of the maximum temperatures. The occasional rains during the month ofJuly and the beginning of August helped the grapes to ripen well.

    Elaboration: First alcoholic fermentation and aging of the base wine for six months in barriques. Second fermentation in the bottle with a natural cork stopper and aging in the bottle with the lees in a horizontal position (rhyme) for more than 60 months. Periodic stirring of the bottles is carried out to favor the autolysis process of the yeasts, achieving an improvement in the structure and complexity. Disgorgement by hand in a traditional way.

    Cases 6 bottles: 3.283 cases / 19.698 bottles

    Serving temperature: Between 8 and 15º C